Thursday, May 18, 2006

Lost Watch: Prelude to a Finale

I don’t think I have to give all two of my readers the usual SPOILER warning, but I did it anyway. Because I love you and don’t want “Lost” ruined for you- not that any of my speculations and blathering would make any sense if you are not caught up on the show so far.

So we’re heading straight into the season finale, and it looks like things could go very, very badly. Michael is planning on leading his friends right into a trap set by those pesky others- even though Sayid is onto him. We need more Sayid in the show- almost every issue would be resolved much faster if Sayid intervened.

But the real question is- why do the others want these four? What are they planning on doing to them? Is Michael leading them into a slaughter, or something else? Why didn’t they just take Kate, Jack, and Sawyer after Michael ran off into the jungle and they came after him? Why do they want Hurley?

Escaped other “Henry Gale” (or whatever his real name is) said that when he was caught, he was on his way to bring Locke back to them- because he was “one of the good ones.” Does that mean the four people on the list that Ms. Clue (I know, what an awesome name. When she started asking Michael questions, I wanted him to say “Professor Plumb. In The Library. With the Wrench.”) shows Michael are not the “good ones?”

Then again, “Henry” was probably lying to Locke anyway. Locke is a man whose mind has been so thoroughly fucked with that I have no idea what he’s gonna do next- well, the promo for next week did imply that he was going to let the hatch clock run down- finally. Just as “Lost” fans wanted to know what was in the Hatch all through the first season, the question we’ve wanted and dreaded the answer to is “What the fuck happens if that clock runs out and the numbers are not entered into the creepy old computer?” And shit- where did that boat come from?

So we’re promised a lot of answers next week. I’m already dreading the long summer months, waiting to resolve whatever cliffhanger the producers throw at us next week. I’ll freak out about it after the finale airs, same Bat-blog, same Bat-Channel.

1 comment:

Kyl said...

I think it's pretty obvious that "the butler" did it.