Tuesday, May 16, 2006

It's A-Me, Mario!

Despite yesterday’s vow to stop talking about Nintendo- well technically, it was a vow to stop talking about the Wii, and I am not going to talk about that- I just have to talk about “New Super Mario Brothers” for the DS. It is Mario’s first side scrolling adventure since the Super Nintendo, and thus far, it’s awesome. I’ve played a bit of the main adventure game, and it's pure classic- Princess Peach is abducted by Bowser’s kids and taken to various castles, this time with funny funny little scenes in which the Bowser-spawn drag the princess between castles. So much for the new, empowered Princess that has her own game where she saves Mario (then again, she’s not that empowered- she does use the “power of her emotions” to save the day.) The game looks like it is just gonna be a barrel of fun, comparable to the wonderful “Super Mario Brothers 3,” which is probably the best game ever made, and I am not exaggerating.

The real treat of “New Super Mario Brothers” is the awesome Mario vs. Luigi two player mode. In this mode, you must collect five big stars as you travel across small level, trying to knock stars out of your opponents hands as you go. The game is so fun and manic, with sudden reversals that come out of nowhere- it’s basically a “Keystone Kops” comedy as a video game.

Damn you Nintendo- I feel like I'm buying ever title you publish for the DS. Damn you to hell for taking more of my valuable time again with another one of your wonderful toys. I’m trying to find time to be a writer here!

2 comments:

Kyl said...

we allready established that you are in posession of and hiding a time machine. I cry BULLOCKS on your tirade for time!

Zachary Knoles said...

NO NO NO GIMME BACK MY STARS