Monday, April 14, 2008

There Will Be Blog

Earlier this year, when my unemployment checks first started rolling in after the wonderful Broadcaster website went belly up (completely unexpectedly, I assure you. I mean, who woulda thunk that not innovating at all in the world of new media would have led to not making money or gaining a user base?,) I decided to spend my mornings jogging and blogging, in hopes of exercising my brain and real muscles. Circumstances intervened that led to a long period of self pity and despair (which I may get to in a future posting,) and led to me starting each day no earlier than 11 o'clock in the morning, with the sad thought that "at least it's still the morning."

So I've decided to shake off the cobwebs that gather on my blog-space when there are no new "Lost" episodes to write about, and to begin working my brain muscles again (and hopefully my real ones as well... I'm gonna get back on that jogging routine...I swear,) by writing new blog entries at a fairly frequent rate. In that last sentence, I considered promising that I'd start writing entries every day, but who am I kidding, right?

I'm hoping that a new blogging routine will help discipline my brain in preparation for the creation of more substantial writings, writings that I hope are more lucrative than this lone and poorly attended blog (though if I sign up for Google Ad Sense, I might be able to collect a few cents a month!)

So, for any of you out there who consider yourselves friends of this blog, look back at a more regular rate than you have in the past. Understandably, I'm sure your routine at this juncture, if you've ever cared enough to do so, was to maybe once a month curiously navigate your web based browser over to www.frustrateddinosaur@blogspot.com and grumble to yourself "I wonder if that lazy asshole has updated lately?"

Well, now the answer will be, at least a bit more frequently, "why, yes, this lazy asshole has indeed updated lately."

More to come soon. It's a brave new blog.

No comments: